September 7th, 2009 by Kidsmomo
Yes, sometimes the beginning of a new school year can be depressing, but it’s not all bad! There’s, you know, lunchtime. And recess…
If homework’s got you down, just check out these school stories (in no particular order) — they’ll remind you that there’s WAY more to the school day than just taking notes in class.
And if you like any of these books, send in your review:
- Lunch Money by Andrew Clements (Karen’s pick)
- Ramona the Pest by Beverly Cleary (Nancy’s pick)
- Loser by Jerry Spinelli
- The View from Saturday by E.L. Konigsburg
- The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt
- Allie Finkle’s Rules for Girls series by Meg Cabot
- Clementine by Sara Pennypacker
- My Weird School series by Dan Gutman
- The Dunderheads by Paul Fleischman
- The Secret School by Avi
- The Best School Year Ever by Barbara Robinson
- Blubber by Judy Blume
Or send in a review of your favorite school story!
UPDATE 9/14/09: The answer for the school story Mystery Book Theater was revealed in the “Don’t Drool, Stay in School” Podcast, so take a listen if you want to know the answer (or if you just want to hear Karen’s ridiculous voice when she says, “Hey, Peach Girl”). Or watch the video over and over again, and leave your guess in the comments box!