October 12th, 2010 by Kidsmomo
Did you know October is Mystery Month? And since it’s October right now, that means we’re in the middle of Mystery Month! See our powers of deduction at work? Perfect for Mystery Month! We’d be the awesomest detectives ever, don’t you think?
Uh, anyway… Even though we celebrated last October with this booklist of marvelous mysteries, we couldn’t resist dedicating another booklist to even more mysteries. From a scavenger hunt to a stolen book to murder to the meaning of life — here they are (in no particular order):
- Mudshark by Gary Paulsen (Karen’s pick)
- Joey Fly, Private Eye in Creepy Crawly Crime (graphic novel) by Aaron Reynolds (Nancy’s pick)
- Baker Street Irregulars series by Tracy Mack
- Who Stole the Wizard of Oz? by Avi
- The House of Dies Drear by Virginia Hamilton
- Missing series by Margaret Peterson Haddix
- The Case of the Goblin Pearls by Laurence Yep
- The London Eye Mystery by Siobhan Dowd
- Eleven by Patricia Reilly Giff
- Two-Minute Mysteries by Donald J. Sobol
- Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life by Wendy Mass
- The Puzzling World of Winston Breen by Eric Berlin
(And here’s a printable version of our More Mysteries booklist, for you to take to the library or bookstore — or to your local private investigator, if you can’t track them down yourself.)
If you’ve read any of these, send in your book review. Or send in a review of your favorite mystery book. We’ll feature the best kid-submitted reviews in our next podcast!
UPDATE 10/19/10: We revealed the answer to our Mystery Book Mystery Book Theater in the “Mysterious Forces at Work” Podcast, so take a listen if you want to know the answer. Or just tune in if you want to hear Karen and Nancy act like super scaredy cats.