Book Trailer: The Witches

November 2nd, 2010 by

This book trailer for The Witches was originally the Mystery Book Theater video for our More Spooky Stuff theme. For more on The Witches, check out our “The Horror, the Horror” podcast.

Ah, a relaxing vacation to the British Isles… What could be better than staying in a nice English hotel, where many of the other guests are proper-looking ladies who always wear gloves, have slightly-too-large nostrils, and are constantly scratching at their hair? Wait a minute! Could it be these women are not what they seem? That’s what our hero finds out in Roald Dahl’s The Witches.

6 Responses

• sasha writes:
    December 22nd, 2010 at 12:17 pm

I LOVE this movieee. it was awsome and i kept watching and watching and the worst part is the ugly face witch.

• timothy writes:
    December 23rd, 2010 at 9:59 am

the witches

• Nancy from Kidsmomo writes:
      December 23rd, 2010 at 10:02 am

DING DING DING! 🙂 That’s correct.

• Karis writes:
    February 25th, 2014 at 5:01 pm

Oh my gosh I read this book and it blew me away! I can make a connection sometimes people stair at me in a way and I think that they are thinking to tournament me into something!

• dylon writes:
    February 25th, 2014 at 5:52 pm

I loved the witches

• Tim writes:
    October 9th, 2019 at 2:21 pm

I’m reading The Witches to my 9-year old son as a bed time story. Pretty graphic and scary for Dahl. He loves it! As for me, I have trouble sleeping after the story. This ain’t no “James and the Giant Peach” Roald Dahl story.

Comments will not appear until the moderator has approved them. We will not approve comments that include personal info (such as your full name, your address, or your contact information), and we do not allow comments that are mean-spirited or insulting to others who visit Kidsmomo. Comments may be edited for appropriateness and personal information.