February 9th, 2010 by Kidsmomo
To: Kidsmomo Reader
From: Your Secret Admirers
Will you be our Valentine?
We’ve gathered up this list of books involving romance to show how much we love you. Some are focused on budding relationships, and others just happen to feature couples we like — but all of them are 100% Cupid-approved. So here they are (in no particular order):
(By the way, your flowers and chocolate are in the mail.)
- Best Friends and Drama Queens (Allie Finkle’s Rules for Girls, Book #3) by Meg Cabot (Karen’s pick)
- Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen (Nancy’s pick)
- Absolutely Normal Chaos by Sharon Creech
- Stanford Wong Flunks Big-Time by Lisa Yee
- Kiss Me Tomorrow by Susan Shreve
- Esperanza Rising by Pam Muñoz Ryan
- Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
- Drums, Girls & Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick
- Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
- Romeo and Juliet — Together (And Alive!) at Last by Avi
- Once Upon a Marigold by Jean Ferris
- The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo
- Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast by Robin McKinley
- Which Witch by Eva Ibbotson
If you’ve read any of these, send in your book review. Or send in a review of your favorite book involving romance!
UPDATE 2/16/10: We revealed the answer to our Romance Mystery Book Theater in the “All You Need Is Love” Podcast, so take a listen if you want to know the answer. Or just tune in if you want to hear how Nancy used to behave around boys she liked (OMG, soooooo embarrassing!).