August 10th, 2010 by Karen
Wouldn’t it be awesome if there really were a Camp Kidsmomo? The grounds would have tons of hammocks and climbing trees for everyone to read in, we’d hold frequent bonfires for sharing stories, and of course we’d serve lots of delicious snacks and ice cream based on books!
Alas, no such place exists, but a girl can dream, can’t she? And while I’m at it, why stop at just having regular campers — let’s invite our favorite kidlit characters to join us for the summer! And given their fame, of course we’ll make them the stars of the camp talent show, right?
Here’s my proposed program for the night:
- Harry Potter: Demonstration of defense against the dark arts
- Hermione Granger: Spontaneous generation of little birds
- Ron Weasley: Stand-up comedy
- Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase: Sword fighting demonstration
- Greg Heffley and Rowley Jefferson: Improv routine
- Count Olaf: Tragic monologue
- Oompa Loompas: Musical finale — a huge singing-and-dancing number
Anyone else you’d like to see on stage? Leave a comment and let me know!
If Karen were going to perform at Camp Kidsmomo’s talent night, she would do a tap dance routine. She actually took tap classes for years when she was a kid. Get ready for some time steps and buffaloes!
Stage curtain photo courtesy of markhillary on Flickr, Creative Commons License