June 14th, 2011 by Kidsmomo
It’s almost Father’s Day, and you know what that means… time to pick out another tie for the collection! OR you could celebrate by reading one of these books about dads. You may think that’s not much of a gift, but believe you me, every dad appreciates some quiet time!
So check out these books about fathers in all shapes and sizes — from always there to long-gone to everything in between (in no particular order):
- Amalee by Dar Williams (Karen’s pick)
- Danny, the Champion of the World by Roald Dahl (Nancy’s pick)
- The Janitor’s Boy by Andrew Clements
- Travel Team by Mike Lupica
- Savvy by Ingrid Law
- A Crooked Kind of Perfect by Linda Urban
- Milo: Sticky Notes and Brain Freeze by Alan Silberberg
- Becoming Naomi León by Pam Muñoz Ryan
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
- Tortilla Sun by Jennifer Cervantes
- Mockingbird by Kathryn Erskine
- Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
(Also, here’s a printable version of our Books About Dads booklist, for you to take to the library or bookstore — or leave lying around where your dad will see it and think you’re just the cutest thing in the world, and hopefully increase your allowance in gratitude or something.)
If you’ve read any of these, send in your book review. Or send in a review of your favorite book about a dad.
UPDATE 6/29/11: We revealed the answer to our Books About Dads Mystery Book Theater in the “Yo, Daddy-o!” Podcast, so take a listen if you want to know the answer. Or just tune in if you want to hear us talk about how extremely amazing we are. For serious.