Kids’ Choice Awards 2012: Best Books

March 13th, 2012 by

nickelodeon-kids-choice-awardsIt’s that time of year again — our chance to watch our favorite celebrities get splattered in the face with gross green slime… In other words, the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards!

This year, the show will air on March 31st and be hosted by mega-super-uber-celebrity Will Smith. And as always, one of the categories is Favorite Book.

This year’s nominees:

Diary of a Wimpy Kid harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows hunger-games Twilight
Diary of a Wimpy Kid series by Jeff Kinney Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins (for teens)
Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer (for teens)

Who will you vote for? Leave a comment and let everyone know, and then we’ll see if Kidsmomo Choice matches Kids’ Choice on March 31st!

— Karen

Recently, Karen has been obsessed with another Nick show: House of Anubis. Anyone else catch last week’s season finale? Crazypants!

More about Karen »

16 Responses

• Kenlie writes:
    March 18th, 2012 at 4:04 pm

I think the Hunger Games should win… this is for KIDS, not adults, so Twilight should definitely not win. It’s an OK book I guess, but it’s really sappy and there’s about 5% action in it. The Hunger Games is about 100% better with all it’s action and drama but there is a BIT of romance in it but not at all sappy like the Twilight author OVERDID.

• Kd writes:
      March 31st, 2012 at 10:47 pm

I can’t believe the diary if the wimpy kids won I love thg

• camylla writes:
    March 19th, 2012 at 8:57 am

vai ser muito legal o kids choice 2012 que emocionante ver as estrelas de wollyood principalmente o will smithy!!!!

• Erin writes:
    March 19th, 2012 at 6:28 pm

I think the Hunger Games should definitely win!! Everywhere you look kids at my school are either reading one of the books or wearing one of the Hunger games movie shirts or pins!! <33 the hunger games!

• sofia writes:
    March 24th, 2012 at 10:35 am

Harry Potter all the way, it has romance, action, and magic!! J.K Rowling is amazing!

• diana writes:
    March 24th, 2012 at 11:18 am

I know!! Harry Potter has brought fantasy and magic for about 10 years! How can it not win, lets face it Twilight is a good book but it has almost no action. The Hunger games does have action, drama and romance but Harry Potter has a lot more!
    It has been fun to watch all of those things build up over the years! in very book more action ( the last fight with voldemort), more romance (Ron & Hermione, Harry & Ginny, Tonks & Lupin) and more drama (Snape loving Lily!, Ron thinking Harry and Hermione like each other, Hermione jealous of Lavander and Ron dating, Fred dying )!!
    Harry Potter deserves to win this award, not only because of the drama and action but because of the fantasy and magic!!

• paula writes:
    March 24th, 2012 at 11:41 am

I think harry potter should win it has romance but not overdone, it has a lot more drama and action than the hunger games. We have also seen how the characters have grown up and how they change each year at hogwarts!

Also, in The Hunger Games series, the 2nd book is basically the same thing both Katniss and Peeta have to go back agin to the arena, whereas harry potter, event though he keeps trying to defeat voldemort and his followers from taking over the world (just like all the districts are trying to defeat the capitol) he tries to surprise him and tries to defeat the darkness in other ways!
    Harry Potter should win!

• olivia writes:
    March 25th, 2012 at 9:48 pm

HUNGER GAMES has to win

• Caroline writes:
    March 25th, 2012 at 9:49 pm

I think the Hunger Games should win, it’s action, romance,(They didn’t overdue it though like in Twilight) and it’s a very short book to read and not as long as Twilight and Harry Potter. I read Harry Potter, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and The Hunger Games and I’ve heard so many bad reviews about Twilight that it’s for adults… The Hunger Games and Harry Potter are by far the best books I’ve ever read. But personally, I think the Hunger Games is the best.

• Caroline writes:
    March 25th, 2012 at 9:50 pm

I think the Hunger Games should win, it’s action, romance and it’s a very short book to read and not as long as Twilight and Harry Potter. I read Harry Potter, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and The Hunger Games and I’ve heard so many bad reviews about Twilight that it’s for adults… The Hunger Games and Harry Potter are by far the best books I’ve ever read. But personally, I think the Hunger Games is the best.

• Faith writes:
    March 29th, 2012 at 12:10 pm

I THINK HUNGER GAMES SHOULD WIN ALL THE WAY!! <3 THE MAGIC IS OVER BUT THE GAMES ARE JUST BEGINNING!! <3 :)
    THE HUNGER GAMES HAS AN ACTUAL MESSAGE AND EVEN THOUGH I LOVE HARRY POTTER AND TWILIGHT, LIFE ISN'T JUST ABOUT WIZARDS AND VAMPIRES SORRY PEOPLE. GO HUNGER GAMES!

• Becky writes:
      April 26th, 2012 at 9:23 am

Keep in mind that you may or may not like what others do but here are my stunesgiogs. ^_^ I found these to be greatly enjoyable each in their own way.1) Maximum ride2) Inkheart/spell/death3) Artemis Fowl (more of a fantasy for young teens but I still enjoyed it)4) His Dark Materials (O.o The concept of killing god was a bit wrong but it was still a good read.)

• Jesse writes:
    March 30th, 2012 at 4:55 pm

I love the hunger games that should totally win Harry potter has like no action In it but the hunger games has it all romance action adventure depression real life situations and everything I will be so mad if it doesnt

• Jesse writes:
    March 30th, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Win

• abby writes:
    March 31st, 2012 at 9:49 pm

i think harry potter should have won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE HARRY POTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!! i have all the movies and all the lego sets! i want to marry harry potter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I LOVE HARRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Primrose writes:
    April 1st, 2012 at 1:46 pm

No THE HUNGER GAMES SHOULD WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!