October 14th, 2014 by Kidsmomo
Six artists. One sharpie. Many sheets of paper. Get ready for…
Last week, six graphic novelists gathered to play Pictionary at McNally Jackson Bookstore in New York City. The contestants:
- Jarrett J. Krosoczka (Lunch Lady series, Platypus Police Squad series, Punk Farm series)
- Raina Telgemeier (Smile, Drama, Sisters)
- Kazu Kibuishi (Amulet series, the new Harry Potter book covers)
- Sara Varon (Robot Dreams, Bake Sale, Odd Duck)
- Frank Cammuso (The Misadventures of Salem Hyde series, The Knights of the Lunch Table series)
We made sure to attend and get front-row seats so we could report back to our Kidsmomo readers. Okay, technically Nancy got a second-row seat and Karen was in the fifth row, but the space was pretty small, so we still got good views of the action.
The graphic novelists were first split into two teams. At first they guessed for their own teams, and eventually the crowd joined in! The answers were book titles, nouns, or common idioms. Can you guess what they are? (Click on the link below each picture to reveal the answer!)
Jarrett J. Krosoczka | Clue: A phrase
Frank Cammuso | Clue: A place
Sara Varon | Clue: A movie
Kazu Kibuishi | Clue: A phrase
Sara Varon | Clue: A thing
Raina Telgemeier | Clue: A movie
Jarrett J. Krosoczka | Clue: An event
Sara Varon | Clue: A (smelly) thing
Raina Telgemeier | Clue: A phrase
So, how many did you guess correctly? Leave a comment below and let us know whose drawing you liked the best!
And check out Nancy and Karen in Kidsmomo Pictionary, where Nancy kicks Karen’s butt (in drawing, but not guessing).