December 12th, 2009 by Nancy
Think of your favorite book character. Got it? Good. (Hm, I suspect many of those characters bear a striking resemblance to Daniel Radcliffe…)
Now, imagine that character with rotting flesh, flies buzzing all about, a blank stare, a little drool, and a penchant for eating human brains!
That’s right — you’ve zombie-fied that book character! Just like Greg from Diary of a Wimpy Kid has been zombie-fied in a new graphic novel, Diary of a Stinky Dead Kid.
Jane Austen’s classic, Pride and Prejudice, was also recently zombie-fied into Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
Can you imagine if your favorite book or series had zombies in the plot? Here is a Zombie Refresher Course:
- They’re reanimated corpses of the dead.
- They probably don’t remember who they once were.
- If they’re injured, they feel no pain.
- They crave human flesh… especially braaaaaiiinnnnnsssss.
- They usually travel in packs, typically moaning, “Braaaaaiiinnnnnsssss…”
Between Diary of a Stinky Dead Kid and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, I was inspired me to zombie-fy The Baby-sitters Club series. Here’s a twist on some of the originals:
- Kristy’s Great Idea: A club is formed by four friends — to kick butt and battle the zombie apocalypse (while thinking of fun activities to preoccupy the kids they’re watching).
- Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls: Claudia is spooked by incessant prank calls… the only sounds heard on the line are heavy breathing and the creepy repeated whisper of, “Braaaaaiiinnnnnsssss…”
- The Truth About Stacey: Stacey, one of the fabulous, zombie-slaying four in the Baby-sitters Club, is harboring a dark secret… Could she be a zombie herself?
- Mary Anne Saves the Day: Despite being the quiet, shy one, Mary Anne steps up to the plate and saves everyone from the zombies… no one messes with Mary Anne “Pigtails” Spier!
- Dawn and the Impossible Three: Despite the seemingly positive win over the zombies in Mary Anne Saves the Day, Dawn realizes that she must face the greatest threat of all — the three zombies who seem impossible to kill.
Leave a comment with your idea for a zombie twist to your favorite book!
PS: One more time! “Braaaaaiiinnnnnsssss…”