September 23rd, 2009 by Karen
Last week, I posted news about the Harry Potter theme park opening in Florida this spring. (Merlin’s beard, it’s going to be awesome!) Well, a few days ago, I heard about another amazing upcoming attraction: a CHOCOLATE theme park, set to open in China next year.
All the reports I’ve read compare the forthcoming park to Willy Wonka’s factory (from Roald Dahl’s book, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, of course). So I was disappointed to learn that the theme park won’t actually be a replica of the factory. Don’t get me wrong — the Great Wall of Chocolate that they have planned sounds pretty cool. But if I could tour an imitation of Willy Wonka’s factory, I’m pretty sure I would go ape-poop CRAZY!
In case you doubt me, you should know that I ate chocolate for breakfast two days ago and brownie for dinner last night. So I’m no lightweight. But actually, out of all the treats described in Dahl’s book, the one I most wish I could try is the fizzy lifting drink. I mean, c’mon — it’s delicious and it makes you fly!
What about you guys? If you had a golden ticket to Willy Wonka’s factory, which wondrous room would YOU make a beeline for?
And in case you don’t remember them all, here’s a refresher of the sweets described in the book:
- Candy-Coated Pencils for Sucking
- Cavity-Filling Caramels: “No more dentists!”
- Cokernut-Ice Skating Rinks
- Cows that give chocolate milk
- Eatable Marshmallow Pillows
- Exploding Candy for your Enemies
- Fizzy Lemonade Swimming Pools
- Hot Ice Creams for Cold Days
- Invisible Chocolate Bars for Eating in Class
- Lickable Wallpaper for Nurseries
- Luminous Lollies for in Bed at Night
- Magic Hand-Fudge: “When you hold it in your hand, you taste it in your mouth!”
- Mint Jujubes for the Boy Next Door: “They’ll give him green teeth for a month!”
- Rainbow Drops: “Suck them and you can spit in six different colors!”
- Stickjaw for Talkative Parents
- Strawberry-Juice Water Pistols
- Square Candies that Look Round
- The Rock-Candy Mine: “10,000 feet deep!”
- Toffee-Apple Trees for Planting out in your Garden
- Wriggle-Sweets that wriggle delightfully in your tummy after swallowing
(Btw, this list was taken from Wikipedia — what, you think I have time to put together a list like this? Puh-leeze, I have better things to do, like stuffing my face…)