April 27th, 2010 by Kidsmomo
A princess who can read thoughts. A prince who doesn’t think of anyone but himself. A secret princess. A girl who doesn’t want to be a princess. And, of course, a kingdom at war. You’ll find all of these stories of noble proportions in these books about royalty (in no particular order):
- Once Upon a Marigold by Jean Ferris (Karen’s pick)
- Dealing with Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede (Nancy’s pick)
- The Whipping Boy by Sid Fleischman
- The Royal Diaries series
- Igraine The Brave by Cornelia Funke
- Ranger’s Apprentice series by John Flanagan
- The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine
- The Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
- The Prince and the Pauper by Mark Twain
- Septimus Heap series by Angie Sage
- The Chronicles of Prydain series by Lloyd Alexander
- The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
If you’ve read any of these, send in your book review. Or send in a review of your favorite book about royalty.
UPDATE 5/19/10: We revealed the answer to our Royalty Mystery Book Theater in the “Royal Flush” Podcast, so take a listen if you want to know the answer. Or just tune in if you want to hear Karen hold a conversation with herself. For reals.