March 30th, 2010 by Kidsmomo
In our last theme, we honored the ladies. So this time around, it’s all about the dudes. And not just any dudes — these guys all have books named after them! Okay, fine, they’re all fictional characters and that’s why their names are in the book titles. But that doesn’t make them — or their stories — any less awesome.
So check out this collection of books named after bros (in no particular order):
- Bobby vs. Girls (Accidentally) by Lisa Yee (Karen’s pick)
- Henry Huggins by Beverly Cleary (Nancy’s pick)
- The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg by Rodman Philbrick
- Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis
- Crispin: The Cross of Lead by Avi
- Joey Pigza books by Jack Gantos
- The Haunting of Derek Stone series by Tony Abbott
- Simon Bloom series by Michael Reisman
- Harris and Me by Gary Paulsen
- James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
- Tom Trueheart series by Ian Beck
- Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher by Bruce Coville
- Marvin Redpost series by Louis Sachar
- Darnell Rock Reporting by Walter Dean Myers
- The Flunking of Joshua T. Bates by Susan Shreve
- Abraham’s Battle: A Novel Of Gettysburg by Sara Harrell Banks
- …And Now Miguel by Joseph Krumgold
If you’ve read any of these, send in your book review. Or send in a review of your favorite book with a boy’s name in the title.
UPDATE 4/13/10: We revealed the answer to our Boy’s Name Mystery Book Theater in the “What’s In a Name?” Podcast, so take a listen if you want to know the answer. Or just tune in to hear Nancy announce that she’s great (uh, stuck-up much?).