February 16th, 2010 by Kidsmomo
Take 1 part mouth-watering food descriptions, stir in 2 parts compelling story-telling, and let simmer. What do you get? Some delicious books involving food (in no particular order):
- Blue Moose by Daniel Pinkwater (Karen’s pick)
- The Chocolate Touch by Patrick Skene Catling (Nancy’s pick)
- Everything on a Waffle by Polly Horvath
- Granny Torrelli Makes Soup by Sharon Creech
- Chocolate Fever by Robert Kimmel Smith
- This Book Is Not Good for You by Pseudonymous Bosch
- Dish series by Diane Muldrow
- Madame Pamplemousse and Her Incredible Edibles by Rupert Kingfisher
- My Chocolate Year by Charlotte Herman
- The Search for Delicious by Natalie Babbitt
If you’ve read any of these, send in your book review. Or send in a review of your favorite book involving food!
UPDATE 3/2/10: We revealed the answer to our Food Mystery Book Theater in the “Get In My Belly” Podcast, so take a listen if you want to know the answer. Or just tune in if you want to hear Karen all but sing (yes, sing) about food.