January 16th, 2011 by Nancy
Thank the gods, the world now has a sneak preview of The Throne of Fire (Book 2 of Rick Riordan’s The Kane Chronicles)! The first chapter has been released, along with the cover!
As you might have guessed from my obsessive — I mean, thorough coverage of the cover for The Red Pyramid when it was first released, and from my recommendation of the book in Kidsmomo theme Globe-Trotting Adventures, I really like this series so far.
As you’ll see from Chapter 1 of The Throne of Fire, posted exclusively on USA Today, Carter and Sadie are at it again with their baboon companion, Khufu, and the Egyptian gods that are semi-inhabiting their minds.
So, onto the new book cover!
- Sadie and Carter are back, on what looks to be an Egyptian papyrus boat.
- I like that they are facing us (more or less) this time, and don’t have their backs towards us. It’s like they’ve grown up since the first book and have a lot more confidence!
- I spot Carter’s bag around his shoulder…
- And Sadie’s carrying a scepter…
- There’s a flaming throne represented on the sails (title alert!).
- And is that a museum behind them?
- What are those three sticks poking out on the left?
- And last, but not least: OMG THERE ARE A BILLION COCKROACHES/BEETLES/SOME KIND CREEPY CRAWLY BUG ewwwwww…
What are some things you notice from the beautiful cover?