March 5th, 2014 by Nancy
Are you ready to let out a blood-curdling scream and jump in your seat from fear… in 2016?! Because that’s when GOOSEBUMPS is coming to a theater near you!
Chances are, you’ve read one of the 62 books in the Goosebumps series. And if you haven’t, you should, because they’re not just spooky, scary and spine-chilling — sometimes they’re laugh-out-loud funny, too. (Especially the book covers, even if unintentionally…)
Even though I’m not a huge fan of the horror genre (because I’m a scaredy-cat), I enjoy a good scare once in a while, and R.L. Stine’s books are a great go-to series for goosebumps on your arm (see what I did there?).
What we know about the movie so far:
- Jack Black will play author R.L. Stine: I don’t see a resemblance, but Jack Black is always pretty fun in movies!
- Odeya Rush will play his niece, Hannah — Odeya is also in this year’s upcoming adaptation of The Giver.
- Dylan Minette will play a character who moves from NYC to the small town of Greendale, Maryland and befriends Hannah.
Here’s a description of the movie from a news article — but keep in mind that quite a lot can change from the movie announcement to the final release!
“When all the many demons of Stine’s mind are set free by a demonic ventriloquist’s dummy, it’s up to Minnette’s character and Stine’s niece Hannah to deal with all the evil.”
- So it sounds like Slappy the Dummy will be making an appearance… That wooden doll is quite a bugger!
- It comes out March 23, 2016 — that’s just a short 749 days away!
Hopefully the movie will not just be scary, but funny too, and with plenty of the plot twists and surprise endings that are always in R.L. Stine’s books!
What was your favorite Goosebumps book, and do you think it’d make a good movie?
Nancy met R.L. Stine once and thought he was a pretty cool dude. He was dressed in all black and even signed his autograph:
Note: Nancy’s giant head is only slightly smaller than the happy face shown.