November 30th, 2010 by Nancy
Have you ever read anything that really stuck with you, but didn’t stick with you? This is how I feel about the book ________________.
Let me explain. When I was young, I read a certain book. It was great. I remember getting really into it and being fascinated by the lore and adventure. And now it’s been years and I can’t remember the title of the book. It’s basically my own personal Mystery Book Theater… without the podcast in a couple weeks to reveal the answer. 🙁
Here’s what I do remember from the plot of the mysterious book ________________ — if it sounds familiar, leave a comment!
- Setting: At least part or all of the story takes place in the Australian outback.
- Characters: There are nefarious villains, but I mostly remember the main character: a normal teenage boy with a sense of adventure.
- Plot: While traveling through the Australian outback, he encounters mysterious happenings — possibly supernatural — and eventually discovers a mountain full of opal stones, which are very valuable.
- Other: It involves Australian aborigine lore, and the book was typical length — about 150-200 pages.
And… that’s it. If anyone knows of its title or whereabouts, I’d love to find out! But if not, oh well. Back to reading every single kids’ book in the world until I find it.*
* There are many, many fates worst than this. This is quite possibly the best torture Nancy could go through!